How well do you keep up with personal hygiene? Areas to evaluate include:
- Taking a bath or shower,
- Brushing teeth and flossing,
- Trimming fingernails and toenails, and
- Grooming and hair care.
A fully independent person completes all these tasks on their own with standard household items. If you’re struggling:
- to get into and out of the tub or shower;
- to reach a part of your body such as your back, neck or feet;
- to bathe a disabled extremity;
- to grasp a toothbrush or floss;
- to safely shave, pluck, and trim; or
- to wash, dry, brush, comb, and style your hair
more help is needed.